Nosso escritório foi eleito pelo sétimo ano consecutivo, pela prestigiada publicação inglesa Chambers Global, como referência no Brasil nas áreas de Compliance, Societário M&A, Mineração, Comércio Internacional e Projetos (Infraestrutura).
Entre os profissionais em destaque temos os sócios: Isabel Franco, Fernando Azevedo Sette, Luiz Azevedo Sette, Leonardo Pereira Lamego, Luiz Eduardo Salles, Frederico Bopp Dieterich e o advogado Lucas Mandelbaum Bianchini listados como “the best lawyers” em suas respectivas áreas de atuação.
Confira os comentários obtidos por nossas equipes.
- Compliance: What the team is known for Acclaimed partner Isabel Franco is highly seasoned in internal and governmental investigations and is often retained to assist with multi-jurisdictional cases involving the USA, as noted by a client: "She is a true expert who knows both the Brazilian and US law." A source also appreciates her "ability to control a negotiation room, efficiently and clearly handling sensitive matters," while another concludes: "She is brilliant; she has a business focus and is hands-on during the cases." She previously worked in the USA for over a decade.
- Societário M&A: Firm with significant geographical footprint across Brazil and established activity in corporate and M&A mandates. Assists a client roster composed of names from the construction, mining and aviation sectors with acquisitions, joint ventures and negotiation of shareholder agreements. Fernando Azevedo Sette and Luiz Azevedo Sette are the key contact for clients.
- Mineração: Recognised department based in Belo Horizonte with a long track record in matters involving the calculation of royalties, sector-related litigation and non-contentious regulatory advice. Routinely carries out due diligence proceedings in connection with M&A transactions and assists with environmental issues. Leonardo Pereira Lamego is a key contact for clients.
- Comércio Internacional: the team is known for established international trade team rising in the rankings due to impressive client feedback in connection with its wide-ranging expertise in the field. Regularly co-operates with foreign firms to represent the Brazilian government before the WTO, in addition to assisting companies hailing from the mining, chemical and agribusiness industries with anti-dumping investigations and public interest procedures. Notable practitioners "Sophisticated and knowledgeable" head of department Luiz Eduardo Salles comes recommended for "his considerable knowledge of the WTO regulations," as endorsed by a market commentator, while another source adds that "he is brilliant, very qualified, diligent and offers a great client service." His dynamic practice spans trade remedies investigations and customs issues, with particular expertise representing Brazilian exporters in anti-dumping cases. Active associate-to-watch Lucas Mandelbaum Bianchini boasts considerable expertise assisting Brazilian producers and exporters with trade remedies investigations, in particular anti-dumping and sunset review proceedings. He is also qualified to support clients with WTO disputes. His clientele regularly stems from the plastics and agribusiness sectors.
- Projects (Infraestrutura): Noteworthy practice headquartered in Minas Gerais with recognised strength in the infrastructure domain. Routinely instructed to assist domestic construction companies with the negotiation, management and execution of related contracts, such as EPC and O&M agreements. Team further specialises in providing counsel on public bidding rounds and the structuring of PPPs and other concession agreements. Notable practitioners Belo Horizonte-based head of department Frederico Bopp Dieterich boasts a solid track record furnishing advice to domestic companies on a vast array of matters. "Frederico has a very strong activity in connection with PPPs and also gets involved with some project finance mandates," according to a market source, while another says: "He handles the structuring of contracts, including EPC and O&M agreements."