Economic Law, Antitrust and Antidumping
The opening of the Brazilian economy led to a free competition environment and encouraged increased competition in the productive sectors. With the strengthening of Economic Law, Azevedo Sette Advogados created its own department and accumulated wide experience.
The services provided at the Competition Law Department include:
- representation before CADE (Administrative Counsel of Economic Law – Brazil’s equivalent to the Federal Trade Commission) and other Economic Defense agencies.
- legal advice prior to M&A deals
- preventive consultation in joint ventures agreements
- interface before the economic defense agencies of the EU and the USA
- legal risk analysis in projects involving dumping and unfair competition
- legal advice to companies operating in MERCOSUR
- legal assistance to the Brazilian government and companies (Brazilian or foreign) before the WTO – World Trade Organization
- legal assistance to the Brazilian administration on issues involving subsidies, safeguards, financial barriers or compensatory rights related to Brazilian products.
- assistance with the creation and implantation of company compliance policies
- legal consultation over commercial issues involving the formation of the FTAA (Free Trade Area of the Americas)
- assistance and representation before the Brazilian regulatory agencies such as ANEEL (energy), ANTEL (telecom), ANP (oil, gas and biofuels), DNPM (mining), Banco Central (Central Bank) and others
Our team is available to give you any further information. Please send us an e-mail to email@example.com